Thursday, December 8, 2011

The little room under the porch


I got up before Chris left for work. I washed and dressed and ate breakfast. I checked my e-mail before loading my car and leaving for the house. I unloaded the stuff into the garage. I switched rugs in the 'den' downstairs. Then I started collapsing boxes and smoothing out the paper. It took hours. As the temperature warmed up, I opened the windows and turned off the heat. I sat outside for almost an hour, in the sun, eating seaweed and pistachios. Did I mention that I am on a high-fat diet now? I heard an audio at Bewellbuzz about how the cell's internal and external membranes are made of fat, and if they don't function properly, they won't absorb the nutrition they need no matter how available it is. Another article I read recommended a high-fat, med. protein, low carb diet. Now it makes sense.
After lunch I found the glass inserts for the coffee table and side table. I put coasters under the feet of the diningroom table and turned it 90 degrees. I found the Kenwood receiver in a box and set it with the matching speakers. I found some speaker wire, but did not take the time to hook it all up. I unpacked a number of boxes labeled 'lampshades' but did not find any boxes labeled 'lamps'. I moved boxes labeled 'art flowers' into the little room under the porch - the one with the annoying motion-sensor light. Chris came over while I was unpacking a box of dishes. We unpacked together for a while. He carried out all the boxes that I collapsed and all the paper, too. We left around 6:30 so we could catch the newest episode of BBT. We ate leftovers as we watched. I checked my e-mail. Chris mentioned that Knology cannot come out to connect our internet until next Thursday. So if we move in on Saturday I will be internet-deprived until then.

No comments: