Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tuesday the 13th


I got up before Chris left for work. I dressed and ate a bowl of breakfast that I had prepared last night . I washed the bowl and spoon. Then I got on the internet. It was my last chance for awhile. I lingered longer than I would have otherwise. Around 9, I searched the apartment for anything we might have left behind. I checked closets, under the bed, and under couch cushions. I put everything on the porch outside. I wiped off the tables and left my key card in the dining room. Then I exited the apt. From the outside I accessed the porch, and carried everything to the car. Then I look for the maid to say goodbye, but she was nowhere to be found. I drove over to the house and unloaded my car. I unpacked in the kitchen for awhile, washing what was unpacked. When I felt like I would scream if I came across another mug, I went downstairs. I unpacked the DVD player and plugged it in to see if it worked. I unwrapped the TV stand and the TV. I found the little book shelves that go on either side and unwrapped them too. I could not find any DVDs, but one box marked DVD's had VHS, so maybe a box marked VHS has DVD's. At lunch time I sat outside in the sun for an hour. The temp was quite pleasant so I turned off the heat and opened some windows. I had the CD player on and turned it up so I could hear it outside and in the basement. I can't remember exactly how the afternoon went. I would start unpacking in one room , and have to carry an item to another and then got hooked there. Back and forth, upstairs and down. It started to get dark around 4. I hope Chris would get off work early. The place was so fulll of boxes that the only way to know I made a difference was to check the growing pile of cardboard and paper. I unpacked my stereo system, but couldn't remember which speakers go with it. I unpacked and assembled another shelving unit in the basement, but there was no place to put it. Chris came home about 5:30 with groceries. I was glad to see him. He fixed himself a burrito ( I had some bean soup earlier). He set up my laptop in the livingroom and got out the BBT DVD's from the library. We watched two of the DVD's and went to bed. I had toyed with the idea of going back to the apartment and accessing the internet from the parking lot to post to my blog. But what seemed like a good idea in the day light, seemed like too much trouble at 10:15 at night.
* will add pictures later *

No comments: