Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Clearing the sewing room

It was another day spent in my sewing room, organizing fabrics into boxes by type and weight. Of course all quilting fabrics went into the cabinet. I had thought I was done with that yesterday, but I found more today. There is a window near the wall of cabinets which looked like a typical basement window complete with dirt, dust, dead bugs and cobwebs. I did not want that anywhere near my collection so I cleaned it up and the outside of the window too. Then I moved a large plastic shelving unit in front and loaded it with boxes of 'other' fabric. I wanted to set up my sewing desk and machine, but discovered that the outlet there did not work. Nor did the other three outlets that I tried. Bob was supposed to come over and get his computer so I was going to tell him then that the outlets needed fixing, but he did not come. Guess he doesn't need his computer 'cause we are leaving for a week and a half. I got a lot done and demolished the stalagmites. Too bad in a way, because I liked the idea of water dripping from the ceiling and leaving piles of fabric behind. I ate a late supper and then we watched the final episodes of BBT season 3. Chris had already packed, so now it was my turn. It made it easier that most of my clothes are unpacked from storage and shipment. Still, I had to try on the ones from storage to see if they still fit. I packed the clothes first and then the supplements. Supplements took longer than I expected. Now it is after midnight and Chris wants to be on the road by 7 am.

No comments: