Monday, December 26, 2011

My birthday party


I fixed breakfast for myself and my mother. Then I fed her a banana and helped her take the rest of her pills. Faye called to say that she was in her driveway heading here. So when I finished with Mom, I washed up quickly and dressed. She was here before I finished. Dad asked her to help with Mom so when she was finished, we went to Goodwill. We found a good replacement purse for Mom. Then we went to Wal-Mart. We spent an inordinate amount of time looking through the $5 DVD bins trying to choose what a certain person would like. I had heard on the news that stores were having megasales and were swamped, but neither was true of Wal-Mart (or Goodwill). Faye did buy wrapping paper and such at a good price. We looked at shredders, too. Faye stopped to eat at the Subway in the store. Then we went home and I ate. Faye went home to take a nap before my party. My dad and I walked to Office Max to find Kurt a shredder (no big sales or crowds there either). The ones at Wal-Mart were much cheaper - in both senses of the word. So I paid more, but it should last longer and jam less. Dad carried it home for me, and then he went on a longer walk by himself. I sat with Mom and read a book while Chris worked on supper. He fixed pork and sauerkraut. When supper was ready, I called Faye, but she had a dead battery and did not know how late she and Kevin would be. William called to say he had just heard from Kurt about the party and had other plans that he couldn't break. As it turned out, it was better that way 'cause we ran out of mashed potatoes and broccoli. Chris and I were finished eating when Faye and Kevin arrived with a pineapple casserole. So they had something to eat and shared it with the rest. Dad had bought an almond cake thinking I would eat it. I did not want to disappoint him, so I accepted a plate of cake. Kurt ate bites out of it when Dad wasn't looking, and then Chris took the last part. What a helpful family I have. I got a card from Faye and from Mom. They each gave me a jar of cardamom. Hey, I can never have too much as I use it daily for the health benefits. Then we played "Big Bang Theory trivia", a game Kurt gave us for Christmas. We played until he had to leave for home (he has to work tomorrow). Faye, Chris and Dad cleaned up after the party. Then Faye and Kevin went home (Faye has to work at 11pm). Patrick left with Kurt. I forgot to mention that those two went to the science museum this afternoon, and then ran into William at Goodwill. Dad asked me to get Mom ready for bed. I read e-mail for awhile, and now I think Chris is asleep on the floor waiting for me to finish this post.

No comments: