Friday, December 30, 2011

Sore fingers

Mom came out to breakfast just after I got up. I offered to make her breakfast like mine, but she preferred Cheerios and Shredded Wheat. After breakfast I sat across from her in the den, quilting. Dad finished installing the toilet paper holder in the back bathroom. Chris did laundry. I used the bleach pen on the chocolate stain on the tablecloth, and most of it came out. Lunch. After lunch, more quilting, and I checked e-mail. Coincidentally, just as I was thinking that I wanted to take a walk in the sun, my dad took my mom to the fitness center, allowing me the freedom to take the walk. It was nice outside, and I may not have needed the light coat I wore. When I got back, Chris was starting supper. He baked fish and the leftovers from last night. My parents got back later than they planned and I was starting to get worried. We ate. Again, I sat across from my mother and quilted. My fingertips are covered in callouses. The tip of the needle gets caught in them. I finished all the rows between the diamonds in the star, and am now working on quilting just inside the black piping around the star. It is tough where the seam allowances are thick, particularly at the corners. My mom wants to turn in the finished quilt to the church office to sell, but I don't think they will want it. There are blood spots on the back, and so many wrinkles that it boggles the imagination. Still, the front looks nice so it should appeal to someone somewhere.
At 10:30 Mom wanted to go to bed, and she preferred me over Dad. So I took her back there, gave her a sponge bath and clean clothes, trimming her toenails, too. Then we came out for her pills. Actually Dad only gave her one tonight but I don't know which one. The Mirapex really zones her out in the morning so I hope that is the one he skipped.

No comments: