Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday: Still no internet


I got up just before Chris left for work, just early enough to kiss him goodbye. Then I went back to bed because it was warm. He called at 7:30 to say the Knology people would arrive between 8 and 10am. I took a shower and ate breakfast. They rang the doorbell just as I finished. There were two guys named Chris and Gary. They were very nice. They asked where I wanted the internet to be installed, and where I wanted cable. I showed them. As they checked out the wiring, I called Chris to see if he agreed with what I just told them. But Chris was not available. When the guys returned from their inspection, they told me there was no way they could install internet, cable, or phone today. They said all the wires need replacing, and they called in a reschedule for Jan 4th. They said it would take 5 or 6 hours and two ladder trucks to do the job. GASP!!!! No internet?!?!? They assured me that every fast food place in town has free wi-fi and several malls, too. While they were apologizing, Bob was there, too. He came over to put shelves in the closet. It was an interesting job because the walls of the closet were not parallel. Each shelf had to be cut differently and he did a bang up job. But his best contribution was that he brought his laptop over. It connects to the net anywhere Verizon covers. So I used his computer while he worked. I cleared over 100 e-mails and posted to my blog. After he left, I made a salad for lunch, which I ate in the dining room. Surprisingly, the chair broke under me. I wonder if something happened to it in shipping. Then I read a book outside for an hour. There was no sun to speak of, and the grass was wet. Then I unpacked a box into the closet and rearranged the kitchen items, putting most-used stuff in cupboards and least-used stuff in the closet. Chris came home while I was washing another load of unpacked kitchen items. He made a macaroni dish for work tomorrow, and we had supper: pork and bean soup. Downstairs, we watched the remaining episodes of BBT. It was only 8 when it ended, so we opened a few more boxes until we found some DVD's. We watched Hidalgo until bedtime. Since Bob left his laptop here (he has to come back tomorrow to fix the stove), I am using it to post to my blog. I did take pics today, but do not want to load them on his computer to post them. I'll have to post them later.

No comments: