Saturday, December 17, 2011

Boxed in


Because it was Saturday, we slept in. We did more than sleep, but I digress. We took a shower, and had breakfast. I wanted to move the coffee table and the kitchen table. Chris said the legs need to be tightened. One needs an allen wrench, and the other needs a crescent wrench. So I spent the morning looking through boxes to find one or the other or both. No luck. But as I opened box after box, I wrote a description of the contents on the box - a much better description than the moving men wrote: 'items' or 'linen' or 'glassware'. Huh! As I labeled and moved boxes from one stack to another, I found myself 'boxed' in. Luckily the house did not catch on fire at that time. But I unpacked my way out, locating the box with Chris' pillow in it. Chris did several loads of laundry and sheets. We stopped for lunch. I fixed a salad and ate it outside on the porch in the sun. I also read for a bit. Then we went to the library on post to check out some books on CD for the drive to Richmond. The library was having "Decorate a cookie" day. The ladies in charge kept asking people if they wanted to decorate a cookie and people kept saying 'no'. So I did one. Chris was kind enough to eat it for me. Should have taken a picture. Anyway, we checked out 3 CD sets and 2 DVD sets. When we got home, we worked in the livingroom on the large boxes of clothing and bedclothes. I got that put away, and then did about half a box of clothes in the bedroom. Chris was playing a computer game, complete with music. He warmed up some leftovers for supper. After we ate, he went back to his computer and I read some more. About 8:30 we drove to post to check our P.O. box and parked in front of the library. Their router was still on, so we brought our laptops. I was able to post pics to my blog. We read e-mail and Chris texted someone on Skype. I always wondered what people were doing when they parked in an empty lot. Now I know. When we finished, we stopped by Kroger on the way home. It was cold and I wished I had worn warmer shoes and socks. I read for awhile before going to bed. The old beat-up recliner is the most comfortable seat in the house.

No comments: