Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Before and After (in the livingroom)

Check the last post for the 'before' pic of the livingroom. Here is the 'after' shot.
I spent the morning in the apartment. It was a cold, rainy day and I did not feel like going out. The original plan was to go to the DMV satellite office here on post to get an updated driver's license. They only do it on Wednesdays. But I needed my passport and could not get a hold of Chris to ask him where it was. I couldn't get on the internet either. Our building was down, as were all the others around us. I did some sewing on the TATW quilt top, and read a book. When Chris got out of the meeting and called me back, he told me where my passport was, and looked at the DMV website to see what else I needed. Apparently I will need my SS card, which is in the Korea shipment. Oh well. So I ate lunch and drove over to the rental house. I unpacked boxes, and put shelving units together. I looked for the glass inserts for my coffee table and side table, but all I unwrapped were pictures and a mirror. Oh, and a plate of glass that must fit a large picture frame somewhere. I came across a box of yarn with a CD boombox in the bottom. I was excited because a little music in a quiet house would be very nice. And my favorite CD was inside! Sadly, the cord was not packed with the unit, so the silence continued. I cleared most of the boxes in the guest room to make space for the bed when it arrives, which should be next Wednesday. I found the flannel sheets that we have been looking for for three years. Guess they did not go to Korea after all. There is a little cinder block room off the basement that is under the porch. A shelving unit is built onto the wall. It is pitch black inside. I was thinking of storing fabric in there after laying some paper down. But on closer inspection, I think it is not an appropriate environment for fabric. Too big of a chance for bugs. I built up several piles of packing paper and boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs. I suppose I should flatten them. It was almost 6 when I called Chris to see if he was coming over, and if he could bring me a light bulb for the lamp in the livingroom. But he was cooking supper. He encouraged me to stop unpacking and drive home before it snowed. I did not want to stop, but also did not want to be driving in snow. So I went home. We ate supper and watched NCIS and BBT. The internet was back up, so I read through as much e-mail as I could. Tomorrow is another day for unpacking.

No comments: