Thursday, December 1, 2011

Things are looking brighter (in the sewing room)


When the maid came by, I told her we did not need any cleaning today. So when another knock came at my door later, I was surprised. The lady said she was here to check the fire extinguisher. I did not know we had one. As she checked it, I asked if she was with Lodging, and she said she was. So I mentioned my concerns about the apartment being so dim after dark. She called in to get a floor lamp brought over. When I mentioned that the wall switches don't control anything, she got out the toaster to try the outlets. She said the switches only control the bottom of one outlet in the room. She found the one in the study and recommended that the floor lamp go there. But she could not find one in the bedroom. Apparently it was disconnected. She suggested putting a lamp on the dresser near the door. Later a man arrived with a floor lamp in a box. He installed it in the study. He checked out the outlets in the bedroom and agreed that none of them were hooked to the switch. At least there is better lighting in the study (sewing room).
Chris left me a pair of jeans so I could fix the pocket. I had to replace the bottom part where his pens keep making a hole. I chose the scrap of fabric that was the lightest and strongest. It just happened to have bunnies on it. So while he may not be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, he can pull one out of his pocket.
When I finished it, the needle broke. So I turned from sewing to the internet to look up appliances on sale and to compare internet service providers. Sadly, you have to know what download speed you want in order to pick a plan and compare prices. I had no idea. My appliance search wasn't terribly fruitful, so I will have to go looking in person.
Around 3 I wanted to go for a walk, but then noticed that my coat needed fixing. I always notice it when I put it on, but usually don't have time then to fix it. But I did today. I stitched up the pocket and the zipper by hand. Then I walked for an hour, taking overgrown trails through the woods. For awhile I felt lost, but came out in familiar territory. When I got back, I phoned Mary for a bit, and then Chris came home. He baked chicken for supper. Kurt Skyped me for a bit until Big Bang Theory came on CBS at 7. Then at 8 we turned to TBS for more episodes of BBT. We had seen them all before, but enjoyed them again. At 10 we.... and then Chris went to bed. I almost fell asleep before I remembered to post.

No comments: