Monday, December 19, 2011

Unpacking the sewing room

We started the day by enjoying each others company and thus did not make it to church. And anyway, it would be hard to concentrate when all I can think about is getting the house straight. We showered and had breakfast, dressed to unpack. Chris dragged the old bookcase from the carport out into the driveway. He said it might be too dirty to use. I went out with a bucket of water and washed it off. We dragged it inside and set it in the den. He kept asking me "Are you sure this is where you want it?" I told him it was my best guess, but by the end of the day I was wishing we could move it 6 inches to the left. Since he spent the day unpacking books and putting them on shelves, it was WAY too heavy. I spent the rest of the day in my sewing room, starting with the boxes nearest the front. What was a jumble of boxes turned into several randomly placed towers resembling stalagmites. By loading all the fabric into the built-in cabinets in close stacks, I was able to get all the Korean quilting fabric in. It occurred to me that if Dongdaemun was a bar, they would have cut me off long ago. It was a lot of fabric.
I had a large salad for lunch and Chris made me a bowl of bean soup for supper. I had a late supper because I lost track of the time while stacking fabric. Chris came down occaisionally to carry out the load of cardboard and paper generated by the unpacking process. He watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica while I ate. Then we watched episodes from the third season of BBT that we hadn't already seen. By then it was 11 and we tumbled into bed. I got up early the next morning to post the day's events.

No comments: