Monday, December 12, 2011

Last shipment

We got up early, had breakfast, dressed, and were over at the house by 8am. Around 8:40 this truck rolled up. I thought "Oh no, this shipment is barely going to fit."
And then......this truck rolled up and parked in front of the other truck. I could have fainted. But as it turned out, the second truck only contained 1 crate and a sofa box. We hadn't shipped a sofa so that was a little confusing. But it was full of items in smaller boxes. It was sealed and the seals were intact, which was more than I could say for the crates. Someone had opened our crates. I had been worried that our new 42 inch flat screen TV might arrive broken, but it did not arrive at all. The box was there, but it was empty. Hopefully it is the only thing that was taken. We will be checking the other boxes as we open them. Here is Chris checking off box numbers as the movers took them off the truck.

Chris had soaked a mixture of beans last night. This morning he put them in the crock pot to cook. For the mover's lunch, he ordered burgers and chips from Steak Out because they deliver and his car was parked in by the trucks. The men sat and ate at our dining room table. I found a tea kettle in a box in the kitchen. I made tea for myself and one of the movers. Today was cold and I needed a little warmth. When the movers had unloaded the last truck, they assembled the beds in the guest room and the master bedroom. It was difficult for them since they had never seen the water bed assembled. I explained what I knew about the process and took pics as they did it, so next time it will be easier. After they left, we unwrapped the dressers in the MBR, and opened boxes in the computer room. We set up the bookcases in there and threw the cardboard they were wrapped in out the window. It made a large pile in front of the garage. Then we gathered that up and moved it to the car port. The bean soup in the crock pot was done, so we ate bowls of it with the pork from yesterday. We hung up some clothing from the UB shipment, but I was too tired to continue. So we came back to the apt, and packed up our clothing, toiletries and food. I prepared a bowl of breakfast for tomorrow and then packed the ingredients. Chris cleaned the kimchi juice from the fridge. As I checked my e-mail, Michele got on Skype. It really made my day to see her and talk to her. Chris visited a little, then took our packed items over to the house. Michele signed off to go to class. When Chris got back, we watched an episode of House, and now are preparing to go to bed. We are checking out early in the morning. Since the house does not have internet, be assured that I will post again as soon as we are up and running (hopefully Thursday night).

No comments: