Thursday, December 29, 2011

When I got up this morning, Mom was finished with her breakfast, and I missed it. They are finishing breakfast earlier now that Dad gives her one teaspoon of juice with her pills - no choking or waiting for her to swallow. After breakfast I read e-mail until my laptop battery needed recharging.
Dad took inventory and made his grocery list. He wasn't finished by lunch. After lunch, Dad finished his list and gave it to Chris, who went grocery shopping. Dad also got the mail and gave most of it to Mom who leafed through the catalogues, and junk mail. I picked off the dead leaves and watered the plants in the den and livingroom. It was sunny out, so I took a short walk, then I quilted across from Mom while Dad worked on replacing the toilet paper holder. At some point Mom transferred all her purse items to the new purse Faye bought. No one saw her do it, but when Dad went to look for the supper pills, they were buried in her new purse. He thought I did it. But Mom 'fessed up. Chris made Thai Chicken curry for supper. Both Mom and Dad had two bowls of it. I went back to quilting as Dad cleaned up. Sure, I could have cleaned up, but he wanted to do it so he could mop out the pans with a piece of bread. At 9 he was still eating something. Dad put the TV on CBS so we could watch BBT, but it was a repeat. Then we switched to PBS. A travelogue on New Zealand was airing. We thought of Michele. They showed a sheep-shearing contest, a Maori boat race, and the guide being dared to eat slugs, fish eyeballs, and sheep testicles. Michele must be having a ball. Soon after, I started writing my blog, and Mom wanted to go to bed. So I took her back, and there was Dad still at the beginning process of attaching the tph. He seemed intent on finishing, so there Mom sat, on the toilet, waiting for him to finish. I considered taking a pic of him working, but not with Mom there. So all you get is a pic of him playing accordion for Christmas. I hope this story continues in the morning, but he may insist on finishing it tonight.

No comments: