Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Driving to Virginia

After staying up so late last night packing for our trip, we got up around 7. We had our showers and breakfast, and got dressed in time to leave about 8 CMT. Pretty good. We listened to a book on CD, which put me to sleep for a little while. We drove until 1:30 EST then stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch. They have good salads there. Then we drove on. When we left rt 81, the audiobook was almost over. When it ended, I called my Dad to tell him we were about 2.5 hours away. We popped another 'book' into the player. We arrived about 7:15. Dad was heating chicken in the oven. It took awhile, but we finally all had supper together. Michele Skyped me by text from the Osaka airport. It was nice to hear from her. I called Faye and talked to her for awhile. Then I listened to an audio on my computer. Chris was able to get it online. It is really nice to have internet access with my own laptop.

No comments: