Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grocery Shopping


I did not get any quilting done today. I put some coconut oil on my pricked fingertips, but they were still a little sore this morning. I read e-mail as my father put his grocery list together. I went outside to sit in the sun for a bit. I took my computer along, but it was very hard to see the screen for the reflections. Then we had lunch even though it was way past lunchtime. After lunch, Chris and I went to BBnT to deposit some checks. On the way out I realized I was wearing my Crestar sweatshirt. Ha. Then we went to the Vitamin Shoppe, Food Lion, and finally Fresh Market. Traffic was intense. We got home around 5. Mom and Dad had gone shopping at Martins. We were alone in the house. And since it takes them about 2.5 to 3 hours to shop for groceries, we had plenty of time for ... each other. I even had time to wrap some presents. Mom and Dad arrived about 7 in the rain. Dad brought in the frozen food and went back for Mom. I held the umbrella for them, and then for Dad as he made his other trips for grocery bags. Chris cooked the chicken they bought, as well as broccoli and rice. Patrick came over to get boxtops. He loves to chat. When we sat down to eat, he sat in the livingroom reading the Korean brochures I brought him. Supper went on for a long time. Chris finished eating and went in to the living room to use his computer. I sat at the table marveling at how my father kept finding more food to eat. I put away what was leftover on the stove, but he found fruit, and a cookie and bread and an orange, fruitcake, etc. Finally I took Mom to the bathroom and dressed her for bed. She wanted to come out for her bedtime pills (it was 11pm). Then she went to bed. I came out to the kitchen to dispose of the chicken fat. We put it in an empty honey bottle. Then Dad got a piece of bread so he could wipe the chicken pan dry and he ate that. I told him if he had more fat in his diet he wouldn't have to keep snacking after meals. He claims it isn't snacking but a continuation of the meal. How come he never gains weight?

No comments: