Saturday, December 10, 2011

Progress (now you can SEE the cabinets)


After staying up late watching NCIS and CSI, I slept in. We had breakfast and packed up some things that we don't need here at the apartment - mostly my sewing stuff. We put it in the car and took it over to the house. Chris moved the furniture in front of the cabinets in the basement. With a dustpan and brush, and a bucket of water, I cleaned the base cabinets really well so that I can store fabric in them. I unpacked 5 boxes. They were labeled fabric (or farbic in one case) but I found some other things in there: like a PlayStation and some games I don't remember playing with Michele, and LOTS of curtains (kitchen, bathroom, shower, cafe, sheers, toppers, etc). There was a little pile of quilting fabric, but it was mostly 'other' fabric, including wools, suedes, decorator, corduroy, polyesters, knits, fleeces, laces, fur, trims, and metallics. I also found piles of scrap (or is that crap) fabric. I must have leftovers from 20 years worth of projects. I found some quilting magazines, stencils, and pictures, but they had been carelessly thrown into the box, so they may never lay flat again. Chris was upstairs working in the kitchen, and then monitoring my phone (while sleeping on the couch). He wasn't feeling well this morning and so had to take a nap. William called, which broke the spell of unpacking fabric, and then I was too tired to continue. It was 6pm, so we called it a day and went home for supper and four episodes of BBT. I forgot to mention that we went back to the apt for lunch, during which Chris stopped by the library and checked out season 4 of BBT so we will have something to watch after we move to the house before the internet and cable are hooked up.

No comments: