Friday, December 30, 2011

The rest of the story...

...a continuation of Thursday night. I took Mom to the back and there was Dad still working on the toilet paper holder. As far as I can tell, all the time up to that had been spent drawing perfectly level vertical and horizontal lines on the side of the cabinet. He was installing the left arm. He got up to let Mom sit on the toilet, and then he went back into that space to do the other one. He spent an inordinate amount of time with a new roll of tp to make sure the arms were spaced properly. But there were too many lines. When he finished drilling the holes and affixing the right hand arm, it was too high. That is when I convinced him to quit for the night and let Mom go to bed. While he was cleaning up his tools so Mom could stand in front of the washbowl, I posted to my blog. Then I went back, but he said he could finish dressing her, etc. So I helped Chris open the sleeper sofa and put the sheets and blankets on. He undressed and was getting frisky. I asked him if he knew that my parents were coming back out to get Mom's pills. Nope. He got dressed quickly. After they got the pills...well, that's another story.

No comments: