Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wrapping presents

I woke up hearing my parents start their breakfast routine. I ate with them, and then took a bath and dressed. Mom had two stove-handle dishtowels that she wanted the buttons replaced. So I did that. Then Dad finally got started on his prescription drug order. I was not sure how long it would take him, but I knew if I asked him any question, it might take him 30 minutes to get back to what he was doing. So I did not ask what task I could do in the meantime. However, Mom decided it was time to wrap the gifts on the diningroom table. Hey, I LOVE wrapping gifts, it is the buying part that is so hard. Some of them were for me, but seems it did not matter. I wrapped them all at her direction. Then I wrapped a few that I had stashed away. When Dad finished the drug order, I suggested he work on his Christmas letter. I had to interrupt him for lunch. It went much faster because he allowed me to help. I had a big salad with a generous helping of olive oil and vinegar. After lunch, I quilted, and Dad worked on the letter until supper time. Chris made supper using turkey from the freezer and Kevin's casseroles. Dad wanted to eat early to get to choir practice. But I offered to stay home with Mom and so he might have been on time. I called Faye at Wal-mart to find an item for me. After supper, I sat on the sofa quilting while Mom read. Dad called from Office Max looking for a thumb drive. Chris said not to buy one, so Dad went to Fresh Market and bought me some coconut milk. Sadly I forgot to bring mine. Mom said she was ready for her shower, so I took her back to the bathroom. I put the shower chair in the tub, and we figured out how to get her clean without getting me wet. Usually Dad puts her in the tub, but there was no way I could have lifted her out. I got her ready for bed and thought she went to sleep. I went out to the den where Dad was watching a PBS special on DNA. It was so interesting. Then he got her up to take some pills, said she reminded him. I tore myself from the TV to read e-mail and post to my blog.

No comments: