Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mailing Christmas cards

When I got up, Mom was already eating breakfast: Cheerios and Shredded Wheat, dry. So I fixed my own breakfast and slipped her some nuts and berries. After breakfast I finished my book, The Cat who sang for the Birds. Following that, I started quilting again. I noticed how sunny it was outside, so about 11:30 I went outside for a walk. It was quite windy and I wished I had brought a neck scarf. When I got back, Mom was ready for lunch, but Dad was in the back double-checking his Christmas card list, again. So I sliced her an apple and made her sandwich. Dad came out then and made his own lunch. Chris sat down with us and we all ate. After lunch, Chris and I took Mom for a walk up and down the street twice. Then Dad and I sat in the dining room with the cards and Christmas letters. I folded them precisely in fourths to fit in the cards. I found that all but 4 of the sealed ones from last year could easily be unsealed. We added 2011 letters to those that hadn't been mailed last year, and signed new cards for those that had. Chris fixed left overs for supper. We all sat down to eat. Mom and Dad ate the liver, but I got the juice. The chorizo rice was very good, too. Supper for them went long, so I excused myself to add stamps and return address labels to the cards. I also sealed them, adding a sticker to those that I had to unseal. I spent most of the rest of the evening quilting and watching PBS shows on melting ice near the poles. Dad decided to take a walk (at 9:15), and added mailing the cards to his route. He put them in a bag for carrying. Chris fell asleep on the sofa. Mom wanted to go to bed, so I took her back to get dressed, etc. and then she came back out for her pills. Dad gave them to her, and I tucked her into bed. Now I am posting to my blog and hope to be in bed soon.

No comments: