Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday: Looking forward


The next morning I woke up to the sound of Chris walking in the hallway. I was having a dream so did not get up right away. Chris was gone when I did. I used the broom in the hallway, and then decided to write last night's post before I forgot what happened yesterday. I spent the morning unpacking in the living room . I unpacked the Korean chests and placed them in the foyer. But they are too big and will have to be moved later. The little drawers at the top were pushed inside and were jammed. In freeing them, I discovered old medications that the previous Korean owner must have left. I am curious to see what they are for. Not that it will make any difference - I plan to throw them away no matter what. There was alss a box of shoes and I selected those that I wore recently to keep and am wondering what to do with the rest: donate or yardsale? In the afternoon I freed the kitchen table and chairs from their cardboard straightjackets. I threw the cardboard and paper on the porch, creating a mountain for Chris to move when he got off of work. I spent my lunch hour outside in the sun. The weather was so nice, just like spring. If I had had a rake, I would have raked leaves in the sun. I shut off the heat and opened lots of windows. Bob the builder came by to check out the shower. Unbeknownst to me, Chris had had problems with it this morning. Bob fixed it, and said he'd be back with boards to install shelving. Well, he did not come back. When Chris got home, he had a message from Bob: due to a 5pm appt, he'd be back in the morning. Chris had bean soup for supper and I fixed myself a salad. After supper Chris moved the cardboard to the carport, and then we went to Home Depot for a rake, wastebasket, showercurtain rings, and scrubbing sponges. I washed more unpacked dishes but haven't decided where they go yet. We watched 8 episodes of BBT and the TV downstairs and then went to bed.

No comments: