Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birds and B5

I started a new batch of sprouts, then fixed breakfast. I read some e-mail, and did some poking around on the internet. I finally remembered to put a check in the mail, so I prepared it and took it out to the mailbox. On the way back, I saw a new weed. I picked it and brought it in for identification. But I could not find it on the internet or in one of my books. It is interesting that there are so many kinds of weeds and some grow in the front yard, and some in the back. Some only grow under the big Magnolia tree. Some grow really well in one spot and struggle in another. I am looking forward to getting a mower so I can make them all the same height. I came across a Youtube video for lymphatic massage to clear congestion. That was interesting. I called my father to tell him I will be there on Thursday if it is convenient. That made them both very happy. Then, since it was such a nice day, I went out to clean up the garden, pulling weeds and digging out small trees. I took some time to rake in the side yard. I realized that I hadn't yet practiced my trombone, so I set up the PS2. I alternated doing sets of DDR and practicing for a few minutes. When I had had enough, I quit. I had promised myself that I would trim the purple quilt, so I took my cutting supplies into the garage where the large mat was spread out on the pingpong table. I noticed the birds were active. There are some nesting in our garage near the motion sensor light. A bird sat on a wire to watch me. I wondered if it was because it could feel the warmth of the light bulb behind it. I had unscrewed the motion sensor light a month ago because it never went off. Maybe the birds were keeping it going for the heat. I turned off the lights when I finished trimming. Chris was home by then, and having soup in front of his laptop. I fixed a green smoothie and had some soup, too. Then we watched the last episode of B5 season 4. Through Netflix we had Against all Flags with Errol Flynn, so we watched that. Then I had to see the 1st of episode of B5 season 5 since season 4 ended with reports of what happened 100 years, 500 years, 1000 years and 1 million years later. What could possibly be left? I fell asleep on the couch, and went to bed in the middle of the night.

No comments: