Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quilts and more quilts


Upon awakening, I listened to the morning/ evening mp3. Then I went to my computer to find easiest route to Pinehurst. That is when I remembered that Camden to Pinehurst is not as easy as it looks on the map. Then I called AT&T customer service to find out how to set up my phone to take a message. When I finished, I called Chris to call me, he was able to leave a message and I was able to retrieve it. This ought to satisfy all the people who keep complaining that they can't leave me a message. Finally I went through my breakfast routine and read e-mail. It hit me that today is recycle day, so I prepared a box with recyclables and cardboard for recycling and dragged it out to the curb. I watched several tapping videos while loading the dishwasher. But there were more self development audios and videos; more than I can keep up with. So instead of being stuck in front of my laptop, I decided that my laptop should be stuck in back of me. I put it in a shoulder bag, and hung it around my neck and shoulder. In this way I was able to rake the backyard while listening. Some people would use an ipod, but on the other hand it is better than a carrying a tower. I saw the recycling truck go by. The man looked at my box and then drove on to the next house. When the audio finished, I came inside. The leaf box was full, and it was 90 degrees outside. I was too hot so I drank water, ate frozen blueberries and sat at my laptop to look up places for Faye and Kurt to go when they get here next week. MaryAnn skyped me to talk about the black and bright quilt and we chatted for hours. It was after 4 when I hung up. I practiced my trombone and then jumped on the rebounder. I took out the lawn mower for a run and kept going until it ran out of power. Then I plugged it in in the garage to recharge. It did ok but only on the lowest height. Then I remembered to check to see if the Heritage Quilters were meeting tonight and they were, so I jumped in the shower. After my shower I called Alison to set up a time next week for us all to visit her 'farm'. At 6:30 I drove out to Faith Presbyterian for the guild meeting. The president met me at the door and explained what each of the tables were set up for. Linda came in while we were talking. Since I knew her, we hung out together. I signed up to join the guild and was given all the 'stuff' that comes with membership. Since their year starts in September, I got in for half price. Then we visited the workshop table. They are having Paula Nadelstern in May. It was $40 so I didn't do it. Then we stopped at the comfort quilt table. They had 'kits' of fabric for making the tops and small rolls of batting. Linda said if I made the top she would longarm it. So I took a kit. Then we sat down for the meeting. I have never seen so many quilts outside of a quilt show. First they had a long row of ladies lined up to show challenge quilts made from previous year's challenges. This is their 25th year so they are showing off what they've done for the last 25 years. Then they had show-n-tell, and comfort quilts. Then they had charter members show off their first and last quilts and tell stories about them. That was both interesting and long. The time was almost 9 when it was all over. Linda went home right away 'cause she has a long way to go. But I had a short drive, so I stayed to meet more people. And it was a dark and stormy night. I was hoping the rain would stop. Finally I had to run for my car. When I got home, I was tired and laid down for a bit. Then I got up to write this post. I also certified volunteer hours for the month of February. Chris went to bed. But I'll bet he is still up reading when I get there.

No comments: