Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dandelion Tea

I got up late, for a reason I am not allowed to talk about. I jumped on the rebounder for a bit, and listened to the morning mp3, then had breakfast and read some e-mail. I practiced my trombone. I took the mower out for another spin. The battery lasted half an hour. Chris says that is why it was donated to Goodwill. I think half an hour is enough in the heat. After a short break, I went back out to rake in the ditch in the front yard. I decided to end that after the second boxful, but on the way to dump it, I passed a flowerbed that needed cleaning. After that, I transplanted some daffodils that had grown outside another flowerbed. By the time I finished, I was hungry for lunch, but i took a shower first. By the time I finished lunch, Chris was thinking about supper. I went down to work on the black and bright quilt. In order to get to certain colors of fabric, I had to move it all around and some of it went to the cabinets in the garage. It was tough to make a decision and I got nothing done, except finishing the Zorro book on CD. Chris was gaming with the voices so there was no 'couple time' to spend watching B5. I did take a break to collect dandelion blossoms. As shown in a Youtube video, I picked off the green outer petals and put all the yellow ones in a tea ball. I boiled it briefly and took my cup of tea down to the sewing room. I had to let it cool for a little while until I could drink it. It was after 10 when I took a pic of the border fabric I would have chosen and went up to e-mail it to the intended recipient. Getting on my desktop however, sidetracked me. I ended up watching two youtube videos, one about some Obama movie coming out this summer, and one about how we have some laws that make no sense. Finally I got my e-mail sent and now I am ready to go to bed.

No comments: