Friday, March 23, 2012

Hanging more pictures


Faye was already up when I got up. She was thinking about where to hang pictures. So we thought about it together. I did three rounds of DDR and then had breakfast. After breakfast I put on my bathing suit and scrubbed the deck in the rain. Then I got an e-mail from a lady who needs boxes and I told her to come over when the rain finished. Faye and I hung pictures above the couch and then the hallway. We hung mirrors in the small bathroom and had lunch. The lady came over with two teenagers and loaded boxes from the garage into a van. She said she'd come back for the boxes in the carport, but she didn't. We hung a large picture in the guestroom over the bed and another over the bed in the master. We checked out a few picture boxes that were never opened in the basement. There were some interesting finds, but not ones that would help us make groupings on the walls. The pictures that are left just don't go together. Then we left for Cathedral Caverns. I memorized the roads we needed to take. But somehow what we saw did not match what I remembered. We wanted to make the 3:15 tour, but did not even make the last one at 4. We came back to Huntsville, stopping at Kroger to get some ice packs, but they did not have any. When we got home Chris was already there, cooking supper. He and Faye held up each of my quilts so I could photograph them on the front porch. Sadly, the late afternoon shadows made the photos less than optimal. We put the quilts back in the house and were about to eat supper when Michele Skyped us. It was so nice to see and hear her. Faye got to talk to her, too. She seems to be doing well. Then we did have supper. Faye and I went back to our pictures. Chris went to bed early, and we did not want to wake him. I discovered that I, too, was tired and could easily fall asleep. But having my sister here to help me is great incentive to keep going. Kurt returned from his trip. We talked about that and then the three of us hung the large, ornate mirror in the dining room. As soon as I finish posting to my blog, I am going to bed.

No comments: