Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shuffling the stacks

I followed my usual morning routine. I got started on the yard work a little earlier than usual, which was good since the temps went high. I started mowing, then had to give the mower breaks, so I also raked leaves and pinestraw, watered the tomatoes, and pulled weeds. Yesterday the people who came to get boxes told me I had a nice peaceful back yard. But when I look at it, all I see is yardwork. Anyway, while pulling weeds I noticed more poison ivy. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. As I put my tools away, I saw the pile of paper and cardboard in the carport. So I separated it, folding the paper that was dry and laying out the damp ones to air out. I rolled the corrugated pieces and stuck them on a shelf out there. And the padded paper pieces went in a pile, too. While moving some boxes at the very back, I saw a large dark shape run away. Mice! That would explain the shredding of the padded paper. Also found a hornets nest, still small. I guess I should put the regular packing paper on Freecycle to get rid of it. It's just that sorting through all the responses to decide who gets it is not my cup of tea. Anyway, when finished, I ate lunch. After lunch, I took my laptop to the sewing room to play one of the interviews I missed while I worked. I moved the black and bright quilt project to the garage to make room for playing musical fabric stacks. I have to reorganize it all by color. The color coded filing system did not survive the packing and shipping process. I washed a load of new fabric to see if the washer outlet hose leaked, and it did. So I moved the hose to the clean-out and now have to do another load to see if it drains better there. I put the fabric in the dryer. Chris came home and changed clothes. The corned beef and cabbage he put in the crockpot this morning was ready, so we sat supper and then watched "The Scarlet Pimpernel" with Jane Seymour from Netflix. I was brushing my teeth and intending to post to my blog, but my back got this weird burning sensation and I laid down immediately. I wanted to avoid any impending spasms. And then I fell asleep, promising myself to post first thing in the morning.

No comments: