Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A good day

Since I went to bed without posting, it was the first thing I did this morning. Then, since I was already on the internet, I read some e-mail. I had an early breakfast and went out to start my yardwork. I mowed until the mower needed a break. I watered the tomatoes, and weeded in the garden, including the poison ivy spotted yesterday. I put away the packing paper that I set out to dry. Can't figure out how it got wet being so far back in the carport. A little before noon I came in and set up my laptop in the sewing area. I started ironing. At 12:30 MaryAnn skyped me. The connection wasn't good, so we had to forgo video. Later, when her son came by, I turned on my video so I could show him the quilt top and possible borders. I took a pic of his final choice so I wouldn't forget. Eventually the call just dropped. Maryann will call tomorrow to see if the connection is any better. I had some lunch after that. Then I got a call from Charlie. He was next door and came over. He said he used to mow this lawn for several years and was hoping to get it back on his list. I told him I'd have to talk to Chris. So I e-mailed Chris and he was amenable. As much time as I spend mowing and raking, it is worth having someone do it for $40 (in an hour and with trimming). I am not a housewife and I don't want to be a yard wife either. I spent another couple of hours digging out poke weed. It gets a long thick root that can be devilish to dig out when it is up against a fence or a tree root. In the process I noticed some more poison ivy. Arggh! I took a shower and then Chris came home. I was only wearing a towel, but somehow he resisted. So I got dressed. We ate supper. I played my trombone, read through the choir music, then went to choir practice. My new friend Doris, a fellow choir member, is into wild plants. She told me about two books I should read. She is thrilled that I am looking at weeds as a food source. She also told me poison ivy is very common around here and hard to control. It is the only plant she will use an herbicide on. When I got home, Chris was ready to watch TV. But first he locked the doors upstairs, and found a box of supplements on the front porch. (it wasn't there when Charlie came over just before 3) We watched the first two episodes of NCIS season 1. Chris went to bed while I stayed up to post.

No comments: