Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meanwhile back at the farm...

I heard Faye and Chris talking this morning. I don't know how she got up so early after all that driving yesterday. I was exhausted. So I slept a little more before I got up. I fixed breakfast, then did some jumping on the rebounder before eating. Faye had oatmeal, and then Kurt did, too. Faye and I spent the morning looking at the collection of pictures I have, and trying to decide what and where to hang. Kurt connected the DVD/VHS combo to the TV and we put in a tape labeled "Michele and friends". Great blackmail material. She and her friends are videotaping each other. While we were watching, it was time to leave for the farm. We headed out. I drove and Kurt followed along on a map he downloaded on his i-phone. When we got to the farm, we were greeted by the flock of chickens. Alison enjoyed showing us around and explaining the bees, ducks, chicks and horses. We even got to help groom the horses. She has a strong belief in the power of prayer to heal so we all joined hands and prayed for my mom. Then Faye and I bought some eggs, and she pulled out the collection of soaps and lotions. Faye and I each bought a bar of soap. We visited with the dogs for a bit and then headed home. Faye got a bad headache, so we stopped at Kroger for something to eat and cereal for tomorrow. When we got home, Chris was already there with supper in the oven. Faye set the table and we sat down to pray and eat. After supper was e-mail time, and then we watched a couple of episodes of B5. Chris left us then. So we checked out what was on TV, and the reception was bad. So Kurt hooked up the digital box and an antenna to the TV upstairs. It was able to get more channels than the one downstairs. He adjusted the antenna to get good reception. However, there was nothing worth watching on. But at least we will be able to watch BBT on Thursday. I still had some e-mail to read, while Kurt and Faye explored playing some popular game app on their i-thingys. I think I am ready for bed. We plan to arrive at the space center when it opens tomorrow so we will have time for Harmony Park Safari in the afternoon.

No comments: