Saturday, March 31, 2012

Group sewing day

I got up early to get ready for the sewing event. I did exercise, but did not have much time for e-mail. I packed my sewing gear and selected some fabrics to take along. I also brought a quilt that needed binding. I left about 9. Katie and her mom were the only ones there when I arrived. Deb came a short while later. Gladys came, but not to sew, only to help those who were sewing. I cut strips and sewed the binding on to my purple quilt. Then I started on the group project which was to make quiltlets for Alzheimers. There is a site which accepts them and puts them up for sale to raise money. Lacking inspiration, I cut a 7 x 10 piece from a picture print. I cut and sewed green borders for it. Jen offered us her hand-dyed fabric for backings. It was so lovely that I took a piece and then kept it, using my own fabric for the backing. She also gave me a 9x12 batting. When she realized what I had done, she gave me another piece, much bigger than the first one, and containing all the colors of the rainbow. God bless Jen. I quilted around several objects in the picture and then added binding and the corners for hanging. I think we quit sewing around 3, but I am not sure since my watch died. Only Deb was left by then. I followed her to Thrift Mart. I did not find anything I really wanted. Then we went to the Neighborhood Store (another thrift store), but nothing there either. She then had to go to the library, so I went home on Memorial Parkway. Chris was starting to talk to the voices. He had supper going in the crock pot. I had a bowl of that, and picked some greens from the yard for a salad: wild lettuce and dandelion. I practiced my trombone and googled ways to treat a cold sore. A LOT of people use nail polish remover. Not on my lips. I decided to use hydrogen peroxide, then coconut oil, and later, honey. Suitably 'medicated', I took my laptop downstairs to play some of those hour and a half audios while I ironed the rest of my fabric stack. I finished the ironing before the second audio ended, so I started in on a donation quilt started months ago. I also pried open my watch to find the battery. But it is so small I cannot read the numbers on it. When the second audio ended, my computer told me to plug in or find another power source. What other power source is there? So I came up to plug in. There was a short audio to listen to, and then I decided to post to my blog before working more on the donation quilt.

No comments: