Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring blooms



I heard Chris take the garbage out to the street. I got up soon after that, or thought I did. But the clock read 7:40, and the guys were coming at 8 to fix the stove. I quickly decluttered the kitchen and fixed my breakfast. I had just started eating when they arrived. They took apart the stove top, replaced the burnt out part, and then fiddled and fiddled trying to figure out why the last burner was only getting warm. After two hours, the owner left. Bob stayed behind to check out the water under the washing machine. He thinks the drain pipe needs cleaning and he wants to wait until his wife can order him an electric snake before he cleans it. After he left, I opened the clean-out valve. But it was dark in there and I had no idea what to do next, so I closed it again. I jumped on my rebounder and practiced my trombone. I straightened up the guest room and laid a rug in the computer room. Then I vacuumed the guest room and down in the basement where Kurt will be sleeping. I ate lunch outside and then did some raking and weeding. Just after 4 I decided to get the garbage can and come in. Chris arrived at that moment. They let him go home early since we are having company. We noticed dark purple irises blooming in the front flower beds. Faye called to tell us how far away they were. Since they wouldn't arrive in time for supper, we ate without them. Then we went down to watch B5. We wanted to watch Castle too, but it came on at 9 and that is when Faye and Kurt arrived. Chris made them green tea and we showed them around the house and sat for a chat. Around 11 we dispersed for bed.

No comments: