Thursday, March 8, 2012

A slow day


Chris got up and dressed while it was still dark. I thought he'd left, but when I got up, he was sitting in the den, reading e-mail. I sat beside him and read mine. Around 7:30 Larry arrived. He and Chris left almost immediately for PA. I continued to read e-mail because I did not know if I would be able to get online at my parents place. Alfred and Cecily got up and ready for the day. Cecily went to the church for altar guild. I soaked my sprouts for a few minutes before Alfred helped me put all my stuff in his car. We went to the conveniece store for a large jar of kimchi. Then he drove me to my Dad's house. We were warmly greeted. Alfred chatted with them for awhile, and then he had errands to run. I asked my Dad for the mending pile and he gave me a jacket, a pair of jeans, and 2 pairs of socks. I started patching while he was talking. Mom seemed her usual quiet self. I helped her get a birthday card ready for John. Then we prepared for lunch, which was breakfast for me. I looked for edible weeds in the yard, but all I could come up with was a few dandelion leaves. As usual, Dad kept finding another thing to eat after we had finished. It seemed like it was almost supper time before he finished. He did not finish his grocery list. He took the car to get gas, and he walked over to the mall for vitamins and a shell for Mom. I helped Mom write a thankyou card and another birthday card. And when I finished the mending, Mom asked me to work on the quilt. So I did. When Dad got back, he started the supper routine. I cut up the broccoli heads and sauteed them in coconut oil. I also threw in two duck eggs for me. Dad microwaved plates of food for him and Mom. Then I juiced up the bag of peppers we brought and the green pepper Dad had in the fridge. It was hard to do with my little juicer. I think the juicing basket is dull. But the juice was really good. The three of us shared it. Then we sat down to supper. I watched Mom eat, and put kimchi on her plate. Sometimes I had to stop her from eating. She wants to eat too fast. I helped her take her pills. I cleared the table and rinsed the dishes. By then it was 9:30. She and I sat in the den. I quilted while she watched a little TV. Then I took her in the back to get ready for bed. She wanted to wait for Dad to brush her teeth, but it was obvious to me that she was going to wait a long time. So I did them for her. Dad gave her her last pill and we put her to bed. Then he helped me clear William's bed of stuff so I could sleep there. I almost forgot to post to my blog. I could not get my laptop on the net, so I used the one Dad uses. As soon as I finish this, I am going to bed.

No comments: