Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life after company





I got up really early to see Faye and Kurt before they left. I don't think I actually woke up, just sort of mumbled goodbye. After they left, I went back to sleep, hoping not to sleep too long because I had to meet the Dixon Meats people to pick up my order before 10. I did make it, but not by much. It was way over on the other side of Huntsville. I handed them $50 and they gave me 10 lbs of grassfed beef. Had I realized it was frozen, I might have stopped a few places on the way back. After all, it was in my cooler. But instead I just drove straight home. It went into the freezer. It was sunny so I went out to mow the lawn. Chris kindly put gas in my car. After mowing, I did some weeding in the front and in the garden. The man next door came over to the fence to introduce himself. He has started his garden already. When I went back to weeding, I noticed some poison ivy. Chris confirmed it. I went inside to wash my hands and have lunch. After lunch, it rained. So I put on my bathing suit and scrubbed some more of the deck. But it was a cold rain so I did not stay out long. But there was a hole in my suit and ...... I fell asleep. Later I checked my e-mail and listened to an audio interview. Chris started playing with the voices and it was too loud for me to hear so I took my laptop to the computer room. That worked until my battery ran down. I came back to plug in. Chris offered to plug it in down in the sewing room. That was good because I had a pile of ironing and mending to do. I got that done, and then auditioned more fabrics for the border of the black and bright quilt. Three interviews later, I needed batteries to take a pic. All of my batteries were drained. I had to borrow some from the DVD remote. I went to the desktop to load the pic, but it wasn't cooperating. Restarting it helped, but had to go with Explorer as it was just not Firefox's day. Now that my blog is written, I can go finish the last interview and head to bed.

* This pic is from Wed when they helped me audition pictures. *

No comments: