Thursday, March 8, 2012

Early mornings

Chris set the alarm for 5:30 CST. Way too early for me, and we did not get up right away. But when we did, we were ready to leave by 7:15. I had prepared most of my breakfast the night before, leaving certain things for the morning. It is so hard to pack because I add so many foods to my breakfast and some come in big containers. On the other hand, at least we are living in the U.S and I don't have to worry about getting the liquids through security. I assume Bob and the owner came at 8, after we were long gone. Traffic was reasonable, and we played a book on tape. My mind kept wandering and I had a hard time concentrating enough to follow the story. It was kind of like the DaVinci Code, but a lot more violent. We stopped for food and gas. I ate a package of seaweed and Chris bought two sub-type sandwiches, which he ate while driving. I nearly had a heartattack. I was glad when he finished. We arrived about 6:15 EST. My inlaws greeted us and then took us out to dinner at a steak place that they had recently discovered. I ordered the salmon. It was very good, but the place was very noisy. Every 45 minutes the staff lines up and dances. If anyone has a birthday, they shout it across the room amid cheers and hollers. We came back to their house, and just sat and chatted all evening. I forgot to post to my blog. Chris went to bed earlier than I did because he had to get up early to meet Larry and go to PA for Cold Wars. I went to bed later. I heard him get up in the morning and get ready and then all was silent. I thought he had left, but when I got up (6:15 EST), he was sitting in the den reading e-mail. So I joined him until Larry arrived and then they left together.
* I did not take any pics today so here is one from the Tokyo quilt show *

No comments: