Saturday, March 10, 2012

The time, it is achanging...

I woke up after my parents had finished breakfast. The last vestages of a dream slipped from my mind. I took a sponge bath, dressed and made breakfast. I forgot to put the coconut oil in, so I had to eat it separately later. Mom and Dad got ready for the fitness center and Dad put car keys on the divider for me before they left. I was listening to a home improvement show on the radio until 11. Then I took the car and went to one yard sale. Nothing I wanted was there. Then I went to Goodwill to see if they still had the rebounder. It was gone, but there was an electric cordless mower. I called William to check it out for me. He said he only had a few minutes. He fired it up and mowed a patch of clover next to the parking lot. He was impressed with the condition of it. I called Chris but could not get him on the phone. So I bought it and William helped me load it in the trunk. I also saw a light fixture there that would look good in the den and it was unused. William helped me unload the mower at the house, and then took off. In case it would not fit in Chris' car, I called Faye to see if she could bring it down later. But she did not answer her phone. So I called Kurt. He was open to the idea, but said they are bringing Faye's car. Yes, I know. When my parents returned, we made lunch. I cut up the apples and juiced the remaining spinach, along with some carrots and celery. We also had ham and beans donated by Wister Vernon. And some fresh strawberries. I gave Mom some fermented coconut milk, too. I plugged in my phone to recharge. I helped Mom get some cards ready to mail. I replaced a few lines of quilting that my mother had done with half inch stitches. And I checked my e-mail. Dad went for a walk, stopping at Goodwill to look at the light. He did not get it. Faye called, returning my call. Then I helped Dad get supper ready. I juiced up the rest of the celery and most of the carrots. I would love to leave the juicer here for them to use, but Dad insists it is too much work for him. After supper I listened to a podcast with a nutritionist. I skyped with Kurt for over an hour. Then Mom asked to be put to bed. So I did. Then Dad wanted to know where she was so he could give her a bath. I promised him I would bathe her in the morning. Then he wanted me to turn his watch ahead. I suggested he get a second watch: keep one on DST and the other on regular time. He wanted his watch set one hour ahead, but half a minute slow because it gains time. He had to give me a magniying glass to see the markings on it. I left my glasses in Huntsville. Dont' know how I was able to quilt and thread the needle. Anyway, after much fussing with the watch, it was an hour ahead but 1 m 39 s slow. I don't know how I did it but figured more fussing would not get it any closer. He chose to be satisfied with that. He has been rising half an hour early each morning to prepare for DST. I hope he is prepared.
* I did not take any pics today so here is one of the miniature stack-n-whack that Linda made *

No comments: