Thursday, August 16, 2012

Can you spot the anthracnose?

I woke up as Chris was taking a shower. He left early to go stand in line at the DMV sattelite station on post to get his license plate. When he got back, I was reading e-mail. He helped me take a shower, then offered to stay home. I told him my ankle was getting better and that I didn't need him. So he went to Gencon for the weekend. After he pulled out of the driveway, Charlie came over to mow. Our grass turned out to be too wet, so he did the lawn across the street first. I called him to come up to the backdoor so I could give him his check for this week and two weeks ago. He told me he found the girlfriend of his dreams on the internet. After he left, I laid out in the sun for awhile. I picked a few tomatoes and cucumbers while I was out there. There are odd spots on my tomatoes, so I googled them. They look like anthracnose. What a weird name for a fungal disease. Then I tried to practice my trombone, but it was too hot for that. I closed the windows and turned the AC on. I did a few puzzles while waiting for the house to cool off. After practicing, I worked on my quilt powerpoint program. I did not actually get to powerpoint, but I did find and e-mail all the pertinent pics from my desktop computer to my laptop. It took far longer than it should have. Thanks Yahoo and Microsoft. When are they going to fix the bugs, the hiccups, the e-mails inexplicably lost in cyberspace? I had a piece of fish for supper and sat in the recliner to ice my ankle. I poured off most of the kombucha into jars. Then I boiled more water to make tea for another batch. Kurt tried to Skype me several times, but he wasn't hearing me and I wasn't hearing him. I worked more puzzles in front of the TV. Since we always watch DVD's, I was struck by how much time is devoted to commercials.
* I downloaded this pic because I ate my tomatoes - minus the dark spots *

No comments: