Friday, August 17, 2012

Back on my feet...

...but not on my toes. It was so nice to wake up this morning and walk. And I didn't even have to 'take up my bed' like they say in the Bible. Ha, ha. I was thinking my foot was back to normal, but I cannot lift my right heel off the floor with all my weight on it. Left foot can do that just fine. It is something I will have to work on. Next week.
I read e-mail, had breakfast, and mopped the floor in the hall. I wrote a check and put it in the mailbox. I could not resist trimming up the sidewalk and driveway. Hey, it was a sit-down job. I did resist mowing the lawn inside the fence. I also weeded the flower beds, again. Every time it rains (and it did last night) the weeds grow back. I found a box on the front porch. It had the new grass trimmer in it. I had written to the company to say the one I bought didn't work so well, and they sent me a new one. But it is different than the one I bought. So I had to check it out by trimming grass in the backyard. It works great! While trimming the grass I found a cucumber, so I picked it. I got 4 tomatoes, too. Not too bad on the antracnose either. I unloaded and restacked the dishwasher. I read more e-mail because I just can't resist checking it at every opportunity. You'd think I was expecting an e-mail from Publisher's clearing house. But I also couldn't resist the call of the wild. I trimmed grass in the back yard and pruned the four o'clocks. I had never heard of pruning them, but they are getting top heavy and falling over. I also pulled out the stand of yucky mint. It had quite a root system but it was no match for Fern the reaper. I plan to replace it with the mint I got from my mother, but it looks like that needs another week to root in the planter. The cicadas were in full voice. When they all sing together, it sounds like they are saying "Zeusss, Zeusss, Zeusss". Then they trail off into white noise. They do it at intervals.
When I came in, my hands were really dirty. Even the nailbrush did not help. I had to scrape under my nails with a small pair of scissors. When they were clean, I fixed myself supper. Then I sat in front of the TV with an ice pack and my Sudoku book. I have reached the 80's. One show was about people who won the lottery. It did not paint a pretty picture. The next show was about people attacked by wild animals in zoos, parks and in their homes. Yes, some people actually keep wild animals in their home as pets.

No comments: