Monday, August 20, 2012

No leaks now

Lately I have found myself handling whatever bothered me most from the day before. This morning I cleaned the sinks and toilets as my very first thing. Then I read e-mail, and ate breakfast. I called Sharon (Bob's wife) and left a message about the leak under the sink. I called Hannah because she left a message the other day but I couldn't quite make it out. I folded the laundry and put my half away. Then I raked up grass clumps in the front yard. I used the leaf blower to clear leaves and stuff from the patio and garage area. I opened the garage and sat looking at the tubs of fabric, wondering where I was going to put more fabric. Bob drove up. I showed him where the water was leaking from. He fixed the leak under sink. He is a good conversationalist so we talked. He mentioned that he got his bank to make a 'modification' to his mortgage on rental properties. That means they lowered his interest rate without the cost of refinancing. After he left, I sorted more fabric into piles. This time I placed more multis and did the solids. I put them in a tub and put it on a shelf in the garage. I could not fit all of them in it so the rest went in a small cabinet. I ate a late lunch, and practiced my trombone. I put on my suit and sunbathed for 40 minutes. I cleared a few more e-mails, then went out to mow under the trees. It is a place I have never mowed before because it is mostly leaves. But weeds have sprung up there. I left it for the end of the day because it stays pretty wet. It was dry enough to cut. I wore shoes because I had seen poison ivy there before. It was a good decision. After I mowed, I could see the poison ivy that escaped yesterday. I marked it with sticks. It'll head the 'most bothered' list for tomorrow. Then I mowed the ditch out front. Charlie's mower doesn't do it justice. His deck is so big that it doesn't get into the ditch very well. Chris was home by then, so I put the mower away and went upstairs. He was eating supper. I did a few Sudoku puzzles. When he was finished we went to the grocery store. When we got back, we put the groceries away. I read e-mail until he was ready to watch the latest Netflix arrived - Sherlock Holmes, BBC version. I had already seen it, but hey, Benedict Cumberbatch is worth a second look.
* This are the floppy flowers after being trimmed. *

No comments: