Sunday, August 12, 2012

Icing the ankle

I got up around 8 to read e-mail, have breakfast, etc. I was still hobbling around with a pain in my ankle. Maybe it's a strained ligament or tendon? We showered, dressed and went to church. We were a little early which was good because it gave me time to get to our spot on the front pew. I was hoping for a spot near our side at communion time, but no, we had to walk to the other side when our turn came. I tried to hide my hobble but to no avail. We welcomed a new intern and his wife and newborn. We also had a baptism for another baby. After church there was a barbeque dinner and a pounding for the intern. No, this is not some sort of barbaric initiation. The congregation was invited to bring a pound of something the new family would need for their new apartment. We brought paper towels. It was Chris' idea and I couldn't think of anything better. At 10am it did occur to me that with a newborn maybe they could use a baby quilt, but even though I know lots of quick piecing techniques, there was no way I could make a quilt in 45 minutes.
At the luncheon, we sat with a few folks who were fascinated by our tales of Korea. Before we left I was able to chat with the organist and she invited me to attend the education committee meeting Wednesday night. That is not something I think I want to get started. It is so easy to sucked into doing more than I intended. On the way home we stopped at GNC for fiber powder. There was a bogo 50% off, so I got two. When we got home, we changed clothes and read e-mail. I figured out how much fabric is needed to make the quilt that the guild wants for BOM.I laid down to take the pressure off of my foot and fell asleep. Chris went down to watch Troy. When I woke up, I went outside to clip grass. Chris tightened the screw on the clipper so it worked better. I sat by the tomato plants and pulled the grass growing inside the cages. Then I clipped the grass growing outside the cages. I also clipped some grass growing between the surprise lilies. And I edged the bottom edge of the driveway. I picked a cucumber but for some reason left it on the brick wall around the patio. I remembered it after I came in and Chris went out to get it for me. We had chicken and salad for supper. I sat for a bit with a baggie of ice on my ankle. Then we watched several episodes of MASH, during which the baggie leaked all over the couch. I sure hope the ice helped. I'll know when I get up tomorrow.
* another pic from Paducah *

No comments: