Saturday, August 25, 2012

August Sewing Day

I woke up from a dream about going Christmas shopping with the Micheles: a two-year old Michele and the 21 year old Michele. Very odd. It made me cry because I miss both of them. And even though I will see the older Michele next year, I can never see the younger one ever again.
I went back to sleep. When I got up later, it was near 10. The sewing day started at 9, but the beauty of not being president is that I don't have to be there on time, or at all. I seriously considered not going because of my ankle. But they are my core social group. If not for them, I would have no local friends. So I decided to go even if it meant not being able to go to church tomorrow. Instead of dragging my machine along, I just brought some fabrics to cut charm squares, and some rough drawings to translate into quilt blocks. When I got there, Karen was just arriving. It had to be close to 1pm. She had been to a doc-in-the-box for sinusitis. I sat in the back and cut and drew. I listened to the others chat. It was relaxing. William called me to see if there was any more news about Mom, and there wasn't. The others started packing up around 4:30, so I did, too. I walked when Deb and Amanda did. But they took the elevator because of her big cart. On the way to our cars, we noticed the unusual tree in the parking lot. Deb called it a Golden Rain Tree. When I got home, I sat in the car, too tired to move. Finally I dragged my butt and my box into the garage. Only my butt went upstairs. Chris put leftovers in a bowl for me. Eating that restored some of my energy. He spent the evening playing with the voices. One of them belonged to Michele. I read my e-mail, took my laptop into the bedroom to listen to some audios and do some , then back out when the battery got low. And the voices played on. I worked a few Sudoku puzzles and dozed off in the recliner. And the voices played on. But they finished before midnight, which is more than I can say for this post.

No comments: