Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rug-washing day

I have been having a little trouble sleeping at night, so I woke up a bit late this morning. But the day went well because I had a list of things to do. There was no big bothersome thing from yesterday, but lots of little ends to clean up. So I made a list last night. The real beauty of the list is that now I can remember what I did today, if not the order in which I did it.
While I was reading e-mail, I heard the recycling truck. So I rushed the container out. Most of it had been prepared yesterday. Then I threw out the flowers which were looking pretty sad. I picked up all the throw rugs and threw them into the washer. I cooked my quinoa which has been sitting here for several days in a 24-hour soak. I cut up the brussel sprouts and juiced them. They weren't particularly juicy, so I threw in some red peppers, carrots and celery to make enough juice for my two popsicle makers. The rugs were done, so I hung them on the deck to dry. Then I practiced my song for church, twice. I figured if I can play through it twice then playing it once in church will be easy. Having finished my list, I was looking forward to playing with my fabric. But when I opened the dishwasher to put a few dishes in, it was full of clean ones that needed to be put away. I did it. Checking e-mail one last time, I saw one from the nuts.com people saying the package was delivered. I opened the front door and there it was. I put away the contents. Then I went outside to do some tapping for my mom. I picked a nearby tomato for energy. It was almost 5 when I finished. I opened the garage door to let in some light so I could see the fabric stored in there. I went through several stacks restacking them and pulling out stripes and panels. Then I went back and forth between the garage and the sewing room placing stacks near the cabinets where they needed to go, eventually. I came up to visit the bathroom. Chris said supper was almost ready. So I stayed up, and checked e-mail again. After we ate, William called from Food Lion. It was just for a chat since it didn't seem like he wanted anything. Then we spent the evening watching episodes of MASH. I think we finished season 5, but there might have been one left. Now I will prepare my breakfast for tomorrow since we are getting up REALLY early for Organizational Day. At some point during the day, Bob called to say he would come over either this afternoon or tomorow morning to fix the leak. I put all stuff under the sink in a box to get it out of his way. Since I did not see him today, I guess he'll be over in the morning. But I'll be gone so he will have to work without our normal witty banter. (Maybe he can concentrate and fix it right)

No comments: