Saturday, August 11, 2012

Nitrogen

Chris got in late last night, after I went to bed. So it was no surprise that I got up this morning while he was still sleeping. I read e-mail for awhile and then had breakfast. I was going to get dressed, but he offered me a massage. Then he started a load of laundry. I showered and we went to Publix for groceries. After we put them away, the laundry was ready for the dryer. Chris has a sensor in his car that tells him if the tire pressure is low. And it was. So he took the car to the dealership to have more nitrogen put in the tires. That is nitrogen, not nitrous oxide. Can't sniff the tires and get happy. But still. I have never heard of putting nitrogen in tires. What if the car goes off the road into a river and we are under water and the only air to be found is in the tires? But no, it isn't air, its nitrogen. Ok, so air is 78% nitrogen, but you will suffocate on pure nitrogen. (It must be true, I read it on the internet).
While Chris was at the dealership, I laid out in the sun for 20 minutes, then came in for water. I finished ironing the fabric from yesterday and sorted more. A lot more. Could you blame me if I never wanted to see another piece of fabric? I washed a dark load of it. Chris had put a chicken in the oven, so we ate supper next. I drew out all the blocks of the sampler quilt that the guild wants me to do as a block of the month. I wonder if they realize that there are 20 blocks? Next I will have to figure out the fabric requirements. Then the fabric load was ready to go in the dryer. While it dried, I cut some charm squares. The dryer seemed to finish more quickly than it said it would. So the rest of my evening was spent ironing that load. When I came up, Chris was finishing his game with the voices. Now he has gone to bed, and I need a pic to go with this posting.
* This pic shows the yellow flowers in the garden after having some rain. They look better than they did, but I think next year I shall winnow them right from the start to avoid the overgrown look. *

No comments: