Saturday, August 4, 2012

Last day at the beach.

I can't remember if we meant to get up early, but we didn't. It was probably 9 by then. I considered skipping breakfast so as not to be full while having our morning swim, but there was a storm passing through. So I had time to eat. We went to the beach about 10:15. The water was cold, but somehow Michele braved her way in. Then James. So I did, too. After a bit, I couldn't feel the cold, or anything else. I don't know how long we swam. Then Michele went in so she wouldn't get burned. James and Becca took Olivia to the pool. That left Cecily and I. We talked until the sun came out and she sought shade. I thought about going to the pool, but was feeling the sun myself. I dried off and dressed for the day. I read some e-mail and listened to an audio and then it was time for lunch. After lunch we did some vacuuming and getting things put away. I fixed tomorrow's breakfast. More e-mail. Cecily and the kids went to the pool for the last time. I swam with them. Then Becca, Olivia and I got in the hot tub for one last soak with the jets on. Chris, Becca and Cecily fixed hors d'oevres to use up leftovers. We had veggies, dips and chips. Then out came the leftover entrees: pizza, burrito meat, salad, chicken, sauerkraut, peas. The one new thing was 2 pounds of shrimp cooked in Bay seasoning with cocktail sauce. We had a time eating all of it, but it was good. And THEN we worked on the leftover ice cream: chocolate chip, and watermelon sorbet. After supper it was time to clean. The common areas got swept, and the rugs shook out. The food was divvied up, both the cupboard items and the refrigerated items. Chris took some non-food items out to the car. Then he set his alarm for 5:30 so we can drive while it is still cool. Since no one else is getting up that early, we said our goodbye's. It was sad to take our leave from Michele. The others we might see at Thanksgiving, but not her. This is it. When I finish this post, I am going to bed.

No comments: