Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pizza night


The alarm went off early, but we did not get up, again. Do you see a pattern here? I slept late because I have trouble falling asleep at night. After Chris got up and dressed, I also got up and fixed my breakfast. After breakfast Cecily and Olivia went to the beach. I listened to part of an audio, then went out, too. But by then they were coming in to the pool. I swam around by myself for a little bit, but it wasn't much fun. I sat in the sun for a few minutes until I got the idea of walking down the beach to the hotel, then swimming back to where our house connects to the beach. The water was so clear that I could see my feet. And it was just a little chilly when I first got in. Swimming back turned out to be a lot harder than the walk. I was tired then, so I came back past the pool where Cecily was watching Olivia and William. I went inside to start a loaf of bread that I meant to have ready by lunchtime but obviously wouldn't be. Then I went into the pool to play with Olivia. William had had enough and gone inside. Our little pool party broke up at lunchtime. Most of us had sandwiches, but I had my usual slices of cheese and a duck egg mashed with mustard. I read e-mail in my room for awhile, then took several tapping sheets outside where I sat behind the hot tub and did some clearing. I saw James and the kids leave for the kiddie golf place. When I went upstairs, it was about 4 and Cecily was obsessing over supper. We chatted for a bit, then I noticed the waves along the beach were really big. So I threw on a dry suit and went out for a swim. Sadly my arms were still tired from my earlier swim so I only floated in the surf for awhile. Then I went in the hot tub. Chris came to ask some questions about supper, so I knew it was time to change around. When I came up, the Olympics were playing on the TV. I haven't mentioned them before, but that is all that gets played in the main room. How much swimming and gymnastics can a person watch? Thankfully it got turned off during supper. Cecily cooked 4 pizzas, but in two shifts. So the kids and their parents ate first while the rest ate salad. Then the other pizzas finished cooking. I had a chicken leg, kimchi, and sauerkraut. We cleaned up the table. Becca and James went for a walk. I read more e-mail while waiting for Chris, and wrote part of my blog post. I found him watching a movie with Michele. When it was over, he and I retired to our room to watch the second Sherlock Holmes movie - with Jude Law.
Then we went to bed.
*pic to follow*

No comments: