Friday, August 3, 2012

My poor toe

The alarm did not go off at all this morning, so we slept in without guilt. I fixed my usual breakfast while the kids ate theirs, and then I played one of the audios. I missed Cecily going to the beach. Sadly no one went with her. The kids did not go to the pool, either. At little after noon, we had lunch. After lunch I read some e-mail, and then put on my suit to lay in the sand. I remember one year where I laid in the sand and the sun was hot and it just baked all the tension out of my limbs. I wanted to recreate that experience. Well, the sand was hot, but somehow it wasn't the same. Maybe the sun was cooler? Anyway, I laid out for awhile and got sand all over me. There is an outdoor shower and I made use of it, but could not get all the sand off. But the really annoying thing was that I got splinters in my big toe. But they were invisible. I called Chris down and he looked, too. But there was nothing to see or pull out. No abrasions or punctures either. I tried dabbing my toe with a piece of tape. And when that didn't work, I stuck my foot in the hot tub, hoping the pores would open, or the jets would blow the offending unseen detritus off. But that was also unsuccessful. I lay in bed and listened to another audio. I think I fell asleep for part of it. I also had time to read a few e-mails and do some tapping before supper. Chris made burrito fixin's and corn on the cob. Then we had icecream. After supper the kids ran off to play and we adults sat around talking. We talked until bedtime. Damours make great conversationalists. Then I hobbled off to bed.

No comments: