Monday, August 27, 2012

Computers do the strangest things

The day dawned hot and sunny. There were no audios posted over the weekend, so after breakfast and e-mail I spent some time researching the local school uniforms. There was an announcement in church yesterday that uniforms were needed for underprivileged kids. One school posted the requirements and a list of places that carry them. Old Navy was having a sale and free shipping on orders of $50. So I ordered 6 shirts. I heard the garbage truck coming, so I took out the bathroom trash. I couldn't help stopping to pull grass from the driveway. Then the mailman came by with a letter for Chris. I took it inside and put on my suit. Then I took my laptop outside for some sunbathing. I needed it to play a meditation session so I wouldn't get bored. I watered some plants, too. The sun was deliciously hot. But afterwards I had to sit inside for awhile to cool off. I redressed and went downstairs to wash fabric and cut charm squares. I only quit when my left arm got tired of pressing down on the ruler. I worked some Sudoku puzzles to rest. Then I practiced my trombone. Chris came home in the middle of it. He fixed himself a burrito. I made a large salad and topped it with a piece of fish. After supper I checked my e-mail again. Chris discovered evidence of a mouse in the cupboard. He called the rental agent to report it. She said she would call someone in the morning. I downloaded all the pics on my camera to the desktop computer. Then I went through the file to delete all the pics I already have on that computer. But for some inexplicable and very annoying reason, for every pic I deleted, it made a copy and added it to the bottom of the file. Chris came to my rescue. He used the computer to delete the pics from my camera (which was the whole point since I was running out of room). Then he called up the file with each pic as text, not as a pic. He deleted all the copies and this time they stayed gone. I still have a lot of clean up to do on that, but at least I have room to take more pictures. Then we went down to watch episodes of MASH.
* This is a pic of a wedge for my next yellow hexagon block, from Saturday. *

No comments: