Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hair Cut

Around 8 I started reading e-mail and then had breakfast. I took a shower, then saw that my combs had dried shampoo on them. I used boiling water and a nail brush to get them clean. I decided that my hair didn't look so bad today. Do I really need it cut? I examined the map for possible routes while listening to an audio until it was time to go. I jumped in car and headed out. But just down the street the low fuel light came on. There was plenty of gas when I dropped it off at the repair shop. Where all did they drive it? Maybe they brought it by the house because there wasn't enough gas to get back to the shop. So I had to change my route. I stopped at the nearest gas station on the right side of the street. Thankfully I had left myself enough time. It was not the cheapest station so I only put 4 gallons in. When I got to the salon academy, I had to fill out a form promising not to hold them liable for anything that might happen. Say what? We skipped the shampoo and went straight to the cut. Sadly I did not bring a pic and she seemed not to have an idea about what it should look like. So she cut it, and I asked for more off. About three times. Then the instructor looked at it and told her to cut off the corners. I hadn't noticed any. After she did, I asked to see the instructor again. The instructor made a few cuts too, and then they were done. It was $5 Wednesday. I gave the student a $5 tip. Worth every cent. I drove home. I had time to get in a bit of sunbathing after the guy next door quit mowing his lawn. It was actually quiet for a while. My stomach didn't feel so good, so I had some kimchi. I suspected the coconut milk might be the culprit, so I added water to what was left and poured it on the compost pile. I boiled water to clean the jar. I practiced my trombone a little, intending to come back to it, but that didn't happen. I went through part of my stash looking for purple fabrics which would work in an "I Spy" quilt for a friend. When I got hot and thirsty, I took a break for water and a few Sudoku puzzles. The next thing I knew, Chris was home. He fixed himself supper. My friend came over at 6. We went through every fabric in my stash and all the remnants too. She found a few, then said she'd like a piece of dragon fabric. So we looked again. I found some Asian dragons, but it wasn't what she had in mind. There was no place to cut because every flat surface had piles of fabric on it. So I grabbed a small mat and let her cut what she wanted on the dining room table. We chatted a bit then she left. Chris and I ended the evening by watching episodes of MASH, season 5.
* no good pics today, so here is one from Paducah *

No comments: