Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yard work

I woke up early again, so I got a good start on listening to the audios. Many were from people I have heard before, so I deleted those. I did not exercise because my heel feels like I bruised it, but I didn't. So I walked funny. I had breakfast and read e-mail. I took out the recyclables and couldn't resist pulling some grass off the driveway on the way back. The mint stalk that my mother gave me was full of rootlets, so I planted it in the planter. When it gets used to the dirt, I'll dig it up in a ball and plant it in the flower bed where there is mint now. I sat on the brick wall and did some tapping for my mother. Then I read more e-mail. Around noon I went out to sunbathe, but the sun kept going in and out of the clouds. I clipped bushes in the sun, and cleaned up all the clippings from yesterday. I pulled a lot of weeds that came up in the recent rains. It annoys me that I do so much yardwork here and our tenants don't do any at our home. But then, if you saw how much yardwork I do, you would swear that I must like it. If I like it, why do I grumble the whole time? Idk. After lunch, I ironed all the fabric I did not get to yesterday. When Chris came home, I was reading e-mail again. He changed clothes and we had supper: fish, salad and quinoa. Then we went outside where I cut his hair with our hair-cutting kit. He wanted the half inch attachment. I thought it was too short, but it's his hair. While he finished his e-mail I mowed some of the grass in the back lawn and around the vegetable garden. Chris came out to indicate that he was done. I did a few more rows, then parked the mower and went in to the sewing room. Chris wasn't down yet, so I cut a few squares of fabric. When he came down, we watched several episodes of MASH. He went to bed, and I shall too, after I un-green my feet. Hey, some people have a green thumb. I have green feet.
* I don't know if you can see in the bottom of the jar. There is a very thin scoby. *

No comments: