Sunday, October 20, 2013

A few more things off my to-do list

I woke at 8:30, but Chris was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him, so I stayed in bed for awhile. I was anxious to get sewing, but like every other day, e-mail took all morning. There weren't so many audios, but I can listen to them while I'm sewing. There was a long video, however, on grounding. Interesting, but it could have been a lot shorter. I juiced the rest of the cauliflower, and carrots. Then came breakfast. I spent about 40 minutes raking leaves after the video finished. I had to wear a jacket, but my bare feet were not cold. Then I sat outside and clipped all the jump stitches from the three quilt labels. After that, I got up the courage to embroider a name on a lab coat for a lady I only met once. I called her to tell her it was ready, and she offered me $15 even though I told her I would accept $10. I ate some chili and cheese for supper. Then I worked on sri yantra. I had three rows done, the easiest three. So I finished a 4th row that was equivalent to the third row. And then did rows 5 and 6 concurrently. I had several setbacks, like running out of bobbin thread, or cut pieces too small. I am using batiks so I don't have to worry about right side/wrong side with paper piecing. I did not finish. I came up to here Chris talking to Michele over Skype. Their game was finished. I got to say a few words, and then she had to go. It is morning over there. Then I skyped with Kurt. He sent me an app file that I was unable to download for myself. In fact, I am still in contact with him as I write. He is waiting for me to finish so he can read it.
*  pic from the quilt show.  Actually, this is the back of the quilt.  *

No comments: