Sunday, October 20, 2013

Kale, kale, the gang's all here

I awoke to the sound of my phone alarm. I did not want to get up because it was so warm under the covers and so cold above them. We may have to think about turning the heat on. I took a shower and then read e-mail and made breakfast. I looked through my closet for something to wear that I haven't worn numerous times to church. I put on a long-sleeved blue blouse and skirt. The pearl came off of my pearl studs and I had forgotten to fix it. But, for the first time since my right earlobe closed up, I was able to get the blue french-style earrings in. Chris said I looked sharp. We went a little early to warm up with the choir. I wasn't wearing my glasses and did not do well. Shannon was still in SS, so the other altos were following me. Ha. During the service, during a prayer, someone's cell phone rang and it took them quite a while to catch it, and they answered it. It takes guts to answer your phone during prayer. I stayed after the service to talk to the organist about playing for the services next Sunday. We agreed to meet at 4 on Wednesday to practice. Then Chris and I came home to change clothes and go to the grocery store. There wasn't much on the list, but we came home with a bunch of stuff. It was not a good day for produce. The kale was wilted, so I put it in some water and it perked right up. I was tempted to go get some flowers to stick in there with it. It was a bit sunny out, so I went out to rake. I also trimmed the four o'clocks and put them on the yard waste pile. After almost an hour, I came in to catch up on e-mail. Then I finished rows 3 and5 of sri yantra, and started row 4, the most complicated of all. In fact I had to cut it up into 7 or 8 pieces. Chris called me when the chickens were done for supper. They were roasted with onions and carrots. He also made sweet potatoes and wild rice. Then we watched two episodes of Inspector Linley. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finalize a Swansons order.

No comments: