Thursday, October 10, 2013

The right ink makes a difference

I awoke again about 8:30. I read e-mail, and took out the recyclabes. When carrying them to the street, I saw the man across the street with his. I told him about the boxes and he picked them up. I cleared away the webs at the carport because I haven't seen the spiders in awhile. When I finished my exercises, I juiced broccoli, green beans, carrots and celery. Not so bad. Then I made breakfast. Later I heard a rattling in the front yard. Staples was making another delivery. But this time I was able to tell the delivery person to take it across the street. The sun came out and I laid on my sheet in the grass to enjoy it for 20 minutes. I read more e-mail, then cogitated on how to make a quilt-as-you-go Christmas quilt fast. I looked on Bonnie Hunter's site for ideas. I played an audio while looking up sri yantra colorings. I downloaded a few and made a special folder on my laptop for them. I went downstairs to sew, but saw Chris come home. I came up, went to get recyclable container. Chris came from across the street, saying we had some of their mail in our box. My back was bothering me a little, so I lightly raked leaves for 15 minutes to loosen it. But that didn't work, so I laid down for awhile. It got worse. I could just barely get out of bed. When I did, my phone rang. Chris brought it to me and I sat in the bathroom (since I knew I could get up from there). I talked to Susan from church. She wants me to help with crafts. (There are repercussions for doing such a good job last year) I wound a scarf around my waist and shoved a bag of frozen peas in the back. I made my way downstairs to quilt the lutheran rose pulpit cloth. I have a black pen with special ink that disappears when exposed to heat. It is just the thing to mark the quilting lines. Too bad I had the wrong black pen in my hand when I started drawing the lines. I MAY have said a few bad words. I was certainly thinking them. I used a bleach pen on them, then continued to mark with the correct pen. I pinned and quilted. My machine had trouble making stitches where the bleach was. When it was done, I set the iron on barely warm and ironed the marks away. But they kept coming back in some spots. Then I dabbed the bleach spots to get that out, and laid it on the ironing board to dry. Then I went through my stash of batiks and selected some for the sri yantra project. When I noticed the time, I came upstairs to put the peas back in the freezer and go to bed. Chris was still playing with the voices.
*  Here is another pic from Desoto Falls  *

No comments: