Monday, October 28, 2013

Back to quilting

Although my back was still tender, I got up easily enough. It was 9:30. I drank a glass of water with ALC in it. Then I juiced a bag of cranberries and kale. I don't recommend it. Then I mixed up a small amount of colostrum (to help my immune system). By then it was after 10. I took a shower, and packed my usual seaweed lunch. I took my fanny pack out of my purse so I wouldn't have to carry the purse. I went downstairs to see what I needed from my sewing box for the day. I pulled out just what I needed and looked around for something to carry it in. I spied a pillowcase from the quilt show. In it I put the yellow hexagon project, the scarf project, and the wonky block project, along with a rotary cutter and ruler. I walked out through the garage so I wouldn't have to climb the stairs again. I went to the church where we quilt every Monday. It must have been noon 'till I got there. I gave the embroidered lab coat to Roberta for her friend, and she gave me the check. I trimmed my wonky blocks, and then sat for lunch with the ladies. After lunch I crocheted the scarf. It was hard to count and converse at the same time, and conversing is more important, so the crocheting took all afternoon. 
I gave Doris' quilt labels to Jody. Bertha showed me her yellow-orange-red quilt, which I have been watching her work on all year. Beautiful, but it gave me hot flashes. She, Carolyn, and Barbara put their scraps in my pillowcase.  It was like trick-or-treating for fabric. I packed up at 4. When I got home, I found that the fermented cod liver oil had arrived. It may sound nasty, but the other thing recommended was fish head stew. Which would you choose? Since I hadn't had breakfast, I took some of the oil (ugh) and then fixed breakfast. Soon after that, Chris came home. He fixed his own supper and I ate some of the chicken and beans. After supper I took a walk around the block to relax my back. I checked online for info about several doctors that have been recommended and decided which one to call based on the insurance they take. Then we went down to watch several episodes of Forever Knight. After one, my back started hurting so I asked Chris for my meds and microwaved heat pack. By the time we were finished, I felt pretty good. Chris went to bed and I returned Cecelia's call. She was so sweet to be worried about me. I stayed up to blog, hoping the good feeling lasts.

No comments: