Friday, October 11, 2013

Laptops are not good in bed


Although I went to bed under my own power, in the middle of the night I needed Chris' help to go to the bathroom. In the morning, even that was impossible because of my back. I was supposed to meet someone at Publix to go to the quilt show. Chris sent her an e-mail to say I wasn't coming, and he called off work for today. He was very patient as I talked him through making my breakfast. He brought me my tablet because it was so much lighter than the laptop and the battery lasted most of the day. However it was hard to read lying on my side because it always flipped the screen to an up-down orientation. He brought me fermented seed cheese on nori for lunch, and two salads for supper. One was avocados and red peppers, the other was egg salad made with hummus instead of mayo. I took a painkiller and Aleve. I must be out of the muscle relaxer. In between reading e-mails and listening to audios, I had time to think. What brought this on? Bertha thinks it is her fault for inviting me to help set up at the show. But that was on Wednesday. Stress? Nothing unusual going on. So I tapped, on and off during the day, and into the evening. When the tablet needed recharging, Chris brought in the laptop. It played episodes from the ABC website, which did not support androids like my tablet. Chris was going to play Battletech in the evening, but he stayed home to play nursemaid, 
*  Desoto Falls  *

No comments: